This article shows how to use Keystage with Steinberg Cubase.
- Download the Keystage Script for Cubase from KORG website and extract it. It includes the MIDI Remote files (with extension ".midiremote") for Keystage 49/61.
- Start Cubase.
- Click on the menu item "Studio -> MIDI Remote Manager" to open the MIDI Remote Manager.
- Click the "Import Script" button, select and load the .midiremote files from step 1.
- Quit Cubase, connect Keystage to your computer, and start Cubase again. Keystage will be automatically recognized and ready to use in Cubase.
- If Keystage is not recognized by Cubase in step 5, click the "Add Surface" button to open the settings window and configure as follows:
- Vendor: Korg
- Model: Keystage 49 or Keystage 61
- Input Port Name: Keystage x DAW IN (Windows, where x is a number) or Keystage DAW IN (mac)
- Output Port Name: Keystage x DAW OUT (Windows, where x is a number) or Keystage DAW OUT (mac)
- If you want to synchronize the Keystage arpeggiator to the Cubase tempo, click "Transport -> Project Sync Settings" in the menu and select the "Destinations" tab. Check "Keystage x CTRL" (Windows, where x is a number) or "Keystage CTRL" (mac) in the "MIDI Clock Destinations" list.
The following functions are assigned to Keystage controllers.
|METRO (SHIFT + TEMPO)||Metronome ON/OFF|
|UNDO (SHIFT + EXIT)||Undo|
(SHIFT + VALUE v)
(SHIFT + VALUE ^)
|PLAY POSITION BACK
(SHIFT + Encoder Left)
|PLAY POSITION FORWARD (SHIFT + Encoder Right)||Forward|