- Scale editing is now supported. To do so:
Go to the Librarian window.
Double-click on an unlocked Scale, or right-click on the Scale and select Open Scale Editor from the contextual menu. (If there are no unlocked Scales, create one by right-clicking on a locked Scale and select Duplicate from the contextual menu.)
There are three supported scale types:
Octave Scale is a standard 12-note scale which repeats every octave.
Octave Scale, A=Master Tune is similar to the above, except that the Scale is automatically adjusted so that the pitch for A matches the Master Tune setting (e.g., A=440Hz), regardless of the Scale Key.
128 Note Scale allows separate tuning of each MIDI note, for Scales which don't repeat on octave boundaries.
- Added new Edit > Global UTILITY Settings dialog, and removed File > Reset Global Utility Settings.
- Added support for new LFO features, including Free-Run mode, Curve mode, Delay, and Trigger.
- Added support for new mod sources, including Pitch Bend +/-, Constant Max, Random 1/2+, and Random 3/4 +/- .
- Program Transpose is now split into two separate parameters: Octave (+/- 4) and Transpose (+/-12). Previous settings will be preserved in the new format; for example, an old Transpose setting of +30 will now be shown as Octave = +2 and Transpose = +6.
- Previously, the on-screen graphics for LFO waveforms Random 1 and Random 4 might have displayed incorrectly. This has now been fixed.
- Previously, CC assignments to Mod Knobs and Scale Select allowed a broader range than the hardware. These now correctly allow CCs 2-6, 8-9, 12-31, 33-63, 65, 67-95, and 102-119.
- A progress bar now appears during long Librarian operations.
- During Librarian operations, the synth screen now shows the text "Transferring data…"
- The Librarian now prevents empty sound names; if you delete all characters, the name reverts to the previous text.
- When a new FX Preset is selected, FX Edit Knobs 1/2/3 are reset to 0 (so that the FX Preset sounds as intended). Previously, however, modulation routings controlling the FX Edit Knobs would be retained, which could cause the FX Preset to sound differently than intended. These modulation routings are now removed when a new FX Preset is selected.
- Improvements to Editor/Librarian undo/redo when selecting Presets.
- wavestate native Versions 1.2.0 through 1.2.4 could save LFOs in a state which worked properly with wavestate native, but did not work if exported to wavestate hardware. This has now been fixed. If you later import data which had been saved in this state, you can run the check/correction process manually via the new Verify Sound Data command in the Edit menu.
- When importing into the Librarian, if the data to be imported contains only factory sounds, the UI will now ask if the user wants to update factory sounds. (This is in contrast to the behavior with a group of mixed factory and user sounds, in which the system will first offer to skip the factory sounds, and then offer to make unique copies of any duplicates.)
- Layout improvements.
- Other improvements to performance and stability.
- Copy/paste effects now includes the Edit 1/2/3 knobs.
- The Windows installer includes the latest Windows driver, and will not downgrade the driver if a newer driver is present.
- This release introduces compatibility with the new wavestate SE and wavestate mkII, in addition to the original wavestate.
- You can now check for updates within the application, either manually via the new menu command. "Help>Check for Updates…," or automatically via a preference setting.
- Previously, the Multi Filter Preset selector appeared only if the Multi Filter was used in the Performance selected when the Editor/Librarian started up. This has now been fixed.
- Previously, Filter Keytrack was missing from Key Track & Mod Process tab. This has now been fixed.
- Previously, if the user changed Performances on a USB-connected instrument while launching the Editor/Librarian, a crash could occur. This has now been fixed.
- Previously, right-clicking on Program or Effect preset selectors could cause two contextual menus to appear. This has now been fixed.
- Previously, voice sources erroneously could be selected for LFO Waveform modulation. This has now been fixed.
- Support for Step Solo mode has been improved.
- Previously, it was possible to attempt to copy/paste between the Amp Envelope and other Envelopes - even though the data is not compatible. This has now been fixed.
- The Performance selector is now wider, to accommodate longer names.
- When changing sequence or lane presets, Step selection is now cleared.
- If a Step is selected in the Lane when the Preset changes or Steps are deleted, the selection changes to the Lane instead.
- Revised layout of Multi Filter manual mode LP/HP/BP/Dry labels.
- Added missing quarter note graphics to arpeggiator resolution parameter.
- The sequencer editor's separator line color now updates properly when selecting Lanes.
- LFO note length is now a graphic note selector instead of a popup menu.
- Various cosmetic improvements, including: power buttons are now used for enablement switches, labels above popup menus / selectors are now left justified instead of centered, and visual improvements for values of Trigger Threshold, Envelope Curves, and Program Transpose.
- The Backup Notes text field is now marked by an outline.
- Minor layout changes for the Mod Knobs section.
- Added randomize dialog.
- Added sorting for Category and Collection lists.
- When an item is deleted in the Librarian, the list now remains in the same location, rather than scrolling to the top.
- Added new menu command: Help > Open Online Manual.
- In Load dialogs and the Librarian, you can now type to select an item in the list.
- Pressing Enter in Load dialogs selects and closes.
- In the Librarian, when viewing Performances, pressing Enter in Librarian list selects the Performance. When viewing Set Lists, Enter opens the Set List editor.
- Effect editors now have a Type selector above the Preset selector, as on the hardware.
- Improvements for consistency with wavestate native:
- Updated the Librarian page.
- Updated the load/save/rename dialogs.
- Updated all preset Selectors to include independent search and sort.
- Reversed the order of the header's Editor and Librarian buttons.
- Fixed cosmetic issue in effect edit parameter list.
- Fixed cosmetic issue with pan slider when random pan is enabled.
- The Scale Select button no longer flashes on Performance change.
- Miscellaneous cosmetic revisions to the Edit page.
- Added a new Librarian menu command, Export Bundle of All User Sounds, for backing up or transferring all of your custom sounds at once.
- Added an option to skip factory sounds on import.
- Fixed problem with Import when overwriting a larger version of an item with a smaller version, which would show the error “Not enough storage space available.”
wavestate owners are eligible for a significant discount on the wavestate native plug-in, via a coupon code tied to the wavestate hardware’s unique ID. wavestate Editor/Librarian version 1.1 adds support for generating these coupon codes, support for Wave Sequence Step Solo, and other minor improvements. wavestate software version 2.1.0 is required.